Inbound Marketer Without a Pause - Interview with Mike King (Part 1)
In the second episode of WojCast, Woj digs into his interview archives to share a conversation he had 5 years ago with an up-and-coming SEO superstar, Mike King.
In this interview Mike describes his journey from grinding as a rapper in New York City’s underground Hiphop scene to establishing his career in SEO.
Mike’s interview reveals some of the challenges he had to face as an artist transitioning into a new role at iAcquire and the what his unique skill sets brought to the table.
Woj and Bobby put Mike to the test with a new challenge they call “Mike-Guyver”. Will he pass the test? Listen to find out.
Mike King Quotes
Listen to Mike rap with Woj and Bobby about life mastering two of his passions - Hiphop and SEO.
"You put more into music than you get out of it ... everything resonates in inbound marketing." (6:08)
"I was really big on my rhymes being able to stand alone, without a beat. And I’m still like that – I want everything I say to mean something." (7:24)
"I feel like I kind of have an unfair advantage in that respect because I’ve had to explain thoughts that rhyme and be clever, and now it’s just like, oh, I just got to talk." (9:15)
"Make good content, build good links, and it’s business as usual." (16:08)
- How Mike discovered Hiphop culture. (3:51)
- The challenge in finding the balance between his art and his career in SEO. (6:08)
- Developing his holistic SEO approach at iAcquire. (10:07)
- A lesson on internal linking structures. (16:36)
- How MC Hammer's search engine helped Woj discover Mike King. (19:30)
- Using Mr. Men to up your marketing game. (19:36)
- Mike's new cryptocurrency - Skratch - that's unlocking hidden revenue for music makers. (19:40)